Friday, September 17, 2010

Stay-cation Day 5


Day 5 of the staycay was spent at "the beach". The kids have loved having a beach/reservoir so close to home. While it's not the biggest thing around, I love that it only takes 5 minutes to get there, and all the kids really want to do is splash in the water and dig in the sand anyway. Since we don't have a boat or anything, it's all we really need. Besides that, how lucky was it that we got a 90 degree day in mid-September? Perfect weather!

I spent most of my time in the shade, since it takes me all of 5 minutes to get a nice sunburn.

We ran into a neighbor there who let Greg try out his paddle surf board. He got cruising pretty fast on that thing. I thought it would be funny to get a picture of him falling off, but he never did.

Dylan trying his first mouthful of sand.

The water was freezing!

My little dirt diggers.

We took a nice walk/bike ride down to the Iceberg for dinner. Mmmmm, so yummy.

And ice cream for dessert.

Yeah, it was Iceberg, so we probably should have gotten shakes for dessert, but our tummies were too full. Besides that, we have had no shortage of tasty treats this week!

We finished it all off with a movie night/sleepover in the living room.
So sad that our staycation is almost over!

2 comments:

  1. I love the stay-cation idea. I don't know that I would actually stick to the plan. I think I might wimp out after the 2nd day. It looks like you had so much fun. I kinda want to steal your ideas for when the kids are off track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun cooking blog recommendation. It looks delicious!

    Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. Mark and I need a staycation bad...maybe we'll follow in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete